I never intended jobinf1.com to be a recruitment site and as such never intended to post job adverts on here but I get so many requests for examples of non-engineering jobs that I didn’t want to let this pass.
A number of you have asked about site management and logistics jobs, with background in haulage, the armed services etc. so I wanted to show this current add for a vacancy at Red Bull Racing :
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING TO RECRUIT THE FOLLOWING POSITION AT RED BULL TECHNOLOGY:
We are seeking a unique and dynamic individual to head up our Transport Team and ensure that the business’ logistical needs are met smoothly and efficiently.
As part of this role you will be responsible for:
• Controlling, managing and implementing effective maintenance
programmes for all fleet vehicles and ensuring all safety and legal requirements are adhered to.
• Heading up a team of experienced drivers and ensuring they are clear on destinations and schedules as well as managing holidays to ensure adequate van driver cover.
• Managing the delivery and collection of goods and materials for all departments as required, and establishing clear priorities & timings so that all vehicles and drivers are efficiently utilised.
• Arranging couriers as and when appropriate and coordinating the dispatching of overnight packages.
• Coordinating daily morning and afternoon ‘milk rounds’ to
• Planning the delivery and collection of travelling staff, guests and drivers to and from airports.
• All matters pertaining to the operation of Fork Lift Trucks within
• To assist with the planning and project management of new truck builds and refurbishments for the Race/Test Team.
• Managing the tachograph analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Proven experience within the Haulage, Transport or Logistics industry.
• Possess a sound knowledge of both UK and EU Transport Law.
• Be experienced in managing a flexible team and being able to optimise several logistics challenges concurrently.
• Have a self-motivated and proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to work to very tight deadlines within a team environment.
• Hold a National and International Certificate of Professional Competence of Road Haulage.
• Be IT literate and competent in systems such as Telematics.
In addition to the above this role requires natural leadership skills, the ability to adapt to multiple changes and new challenges on an hourly basis. The ideal candidate will consistently recognise the importance of this service function to both internal and external customers.
To apply for positions at Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Technology, please visit the job section on our website
Closing date for applications – 15th November 2013
PLEASE NOTE: No Agencies please.
No more than that today but hopefully this will be of some interest to the non-engineers amongst you !!
Good luck as always.